Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sweet, Sweet Jamaica!

As those of you who read The Artist section on my website (www.shellyedwards.com) know, I was born in Jamaica W.I and migrated to the US in 2001 immediately after completing my bachelor's degree. There was a certain young lady who attended university in Jamaica with me, Tarin Glen. I always admired Tarin for her fashion sence. Towards the end of January this year, Tarin responded to a mass email that I sent and inquired more about what I was doing now. She then visited my website and fell in love with the pictures and emphasized that she had to hire me to take her pictures whenever I visit Jamaica again. I agreed and the long awaited trip came last weekend. Last Sunday, I thoroughly enjoyed photographing not only Tarin, but her son Frank and her friends Andrae and Alicia. Andrae and Alicia make a beautiful couple, both inside and outside. Baby Frank's dad, Frank Snr. was unable to be with us because he had to be at work on an aeroplane. You'll see Tarin's spontaneous tribute to him by waving at an aeroplane. It was uplifting seeing Tarin's interaction with her son as I observed the ardent love, tenderness, pride, and joy as she beamed on him. Do enjoy these pictures as well as more that I will add from my trip to Jamaica.























1 comment:

Teka-Ann Haynes said...

U know what? U r the bomb. I love the energy I get form looking at the pics. Great job.