Thursday, May 21, 2009

Brooke and Ted's Wedding (Vero Beach, Florida)

This month I had the pleasure of photographing Brooke and Ted's Wedding in Vero Beach, Florida. The ceremony and reception were held at the lovely Sea Oaks Beach Club. I was first contacted by Brooke in November last year when she found me online and she was so excited that she was able to book me because I was at the top of her list of preferred photographers. I was very touched by her enthusiasm and looked forward to her big day. I journeyed out to Vero Beach January this year to meet them and to check out the venue. Brooke, Ted, and Brooke's parents could not have been any more welcoming and hospitable as I visited their home and venue. The big day came this month and it was beautiful and creative in so many ways. The little bare-footed flower girls were precious in their little beach dresses, floral headpieces, and umbrellas. The ring bearer was adorable. We enjoyed upbeat singing and music from Kricket and Linda from the group "Rosemary" as they played their fiddle and guitar to such songs as Morrison's Jig. Their booking agent is Len Turner who can be contacted at LTEmusic@aol.com. The M&M chocolate souvenirs with their pictures, wedding date, and text were unique and delicious! :-) One of the highlights of the day was when the couple started off with a traditional dancing routine to Audrey Hepburn's wistful rendition of Moon River and then they surprised the audience by switching to their break out choreographed dance to the song playing for this slideshow, Let's Stick Together by Brian Ferry. It was FABULOUS! Go Brooke and Ted! :-)

Do enjoy the slideshow below by clicking on it. Thanks Brooke, Ted and everyone at the wedding for a great day :-) I wish for you Brooke and Ted only the best and days filled with happiness as you embark on your new life together as husband and wife! :-)






2 comments:

Dian Bailey said...

Firstly, I love the pink and orange... very lovely colour combination.
Very simple and fun-filled wedding... you brought out the fun very well and I love that picture with you and the couple. I really love this one, very relaxing.

Shelly Edwards said...

Thanks Dian :-) It was indeed a lovely wedding! I guess that was a semi candid picture of me, I like it :-)