Sunday, April 26, 2009

Annika and Sheldon's Wedding (Miami, Florida)

Last Sunday I had an absolutely amazing time capturing the highly anticipated wedding of Annika and Sheldon! You will remember them from the engagement photo shoot we did at the vintage train station The wedding was breathtaking! Not only because of the splendid job that the decorators Cynthia (954-294-0314), Pat, and Janet (305-546-2255) did of the decor but because of the overflowing love and joy that Sheldon and Annika so freely expressed! It is undeniable that they truly love each other and it was refreshing to see it so evident in this day and age. They both looked great. I think the most emotional part of the day for me was when they danced their first dance to the song I chose for their engagement slideshow. I was grinning and singing along throughout the entire first dance because it was surreal to see the music come to life in front of my eyes and they were relishing in their joy! I can't wait to see the video that my preferred videographer Marvin Joseph from www.ifilmworks.com will be compiling! You can view the love story video he did for them on his website. Sheldon was my junior in university and I met Annika at Alecia and Craig's wedding (featured on my main website). It was also a lot of fun reuniting with a lot of my friends from my university days from nearly a decade ago. Wow, time flies! :-) It was a pleasure inviting and having my fellow alumni and blog commenter, GMike on hand to capture his own set of pictures for the couple. In Jamaica they have a slag, "Dat Haad" meaning that was awesome! I would say your wedding was Haada Dan Haad!!!! :-) (Better than awesome!!) Thanks again Annika and Sheldon for allowing me to capture and share in your wedding and engagement. It has truly been a pleasure!

Click on the link below to see their wedding slideshow.












































4 comments:

Unknown said...

It was always our dream to have a wedding filled with love and laughter (as u can see in the pics:) and we are more than pleased that Shelly was there to capture every moment. (I'm sure you all felt like you were present at the wedding:) I am humbled at how AMAZING our day was and as we view the pics over and over and over and over again, LOL we are just so grateful that we have all these breathtaking memories from Shelly. Like Shelly said, we met at Craig and Alecia's wedding but from the day we saw the neat little 4x6 album of their wedding we knew that Shelly would be THE ONE capturing our memories! God has blessed Shelly with an eye for creativity and we are thankful that we had HER as our photographer! Shelly has now become our personal photographer and so, as Sheldon and I begin our life togather, Shelly will always be there to capture our life story. Thank You shelly for an amazing journey, we look forward to watching u grow into greater things!!! Big up Shelly!!! you're the greatest!!!!! we love u!

Shelly Edwards said...

Ohhhhhhhhh :-) Let me add one more, Ohhhhhhhh :-) LOL Thank you so much Annika and Sheldon!!!! :-) I am delighted that the memories captured was such a blessing to the both of you :-) It is wonderful to know that something I love so much adds to the happiness of others! Tuns of people have called and emailed me about how touched they were by observing the love and joy that you share! It has been a blast and I'm definitely looking forward to continuing to work with you in the future.

Dian said...

Shelly is definetly the greatest, she knows just how to capture special moments that leave you teary eyed and full of emotions when you see the love, joy and blessings of the people she works with.I pray that she will continue to have that catchful eye she does and I believe she is on her way to becoming the world's next top international photographer... but wait, she already is, :-)!! Loving Mona Annika.
Annika and Sheldon, I pray for you God's wonderful blessings as you begin your lives together, I see the love and no doubt, it will last forever.

Shelly Edwards said...

Dian, you ROCK! :-) Thanks for the very kind feedback :-) Hmm, the world's top international photographer, I like it :-) God is good! :-) With the list of international wedding related celebrations I have left for the rest of the year, I can start to see where you're come from. I'm grateful for the opportunities my clients entrust me with and I look forward to continuing to do a wonderful job to preserve their memories.

Have a wonderful day Dian! :-)

Shelly